T.O. vents about Cowboys’ decision to cut him

Although he landed with the Buffalo Bills, Terrell Owens still isn’t happy the Dallas Cowboys released him. In fact, T.O. said the move came about earlier this month because of a conspiracy, the Toronto Globe and Mail reports, citing a Rogers Sportsnet interview with the out-spoken wide receiver:

    “I know whole-heartedly he [Cowboys owner Jerry Jones] wanted me there,” Owens said. “There were some people I know who got in his ear that pressured him to make that decision. For that, it’s sad. You let two or three people conspire to get me out of the situation.”

The Globe and Mail speculates that one of the “people” T.O. talked about is Stephen Jones, the Cowboys’ executive vice president and son of the owner. Still, T.O. doesn’t absolve Jerry Jones of any blame.

    “You hear all the speculation, and you talk to the owner of the team, and he reassures you, you’re not going anywhere and then, out of left-field … you get blindsided.”

T.O. caught 69 passes for 1,052 yards and 10 touchdowns last season, his third in Dallas. The Bills hope T.O. can bring that kind of production — and more — to Buffalo. However, he hasn’t had a good start there after announcing earlier this week that he will skip the team’s voluntary workouts.

Rogers Sportsnet’s exclusive interview with T.O. will air Sunday night.

Guidelines: Fan feedback should be within the guidelines for the NFL community. These guidelines will be used to identify those comments that will be removed from display on the site. Please keep your comments relevant to the topic, not abusive or combatant towards other fans, and don’t share any personal details. Use the “Report” link to help keep the community at its best.

Comments may be no longer than 2000 characters and will post to the site shortly after submitting.

Powered by WordPress.com VIP | Subscribe (RSS)