Bowlen: We might lose our star QB

The Broncos and Jay Cutler appear headed toward a divorce after team owner Pat Bowlen voiced his displeasure with the way the quarterback has handled himself in recent weeks and gave his complete support to new coach Josh McDaniels, according to the Denver Post.

The two sides met face-to-face Saturday.

    “I’m very disappointed,” Broncos owner Pat Bowlen said Sunday. “I’m disappointed in the whole picture, not just disappointed that we might lose our star quarterback.”

    Asked to clarify, Bowlen said he steadfastly supports his new coach and his disappointment lies in the way Cutler has handled the two-week standoff.

If Bowlen really is disappointed in Cutler, there is only one way to send him a message: Trade him to Detroit. The Lions previously were in the mix for Cutler, which sparked this controversy in the first place. A number of other teams — including the Bears, Vikings, Jets, Buccaneers and 49ers — also could be looking for a quarterback.

Guidelines: Fan feedback should be within the guidelines for the NFL community. These guidelines will be used to identify those comments that will be removed from display on the site. Please keep your comments relevant to the topic, not abusive or combatant towards other fans, and don’t share any personal details. Use the “Report” link to help keep the community at its best.

Comments may be no longer than 2000 characters and will post to the site shortly after submitting.

Powered by WordPress.com VIP | Subscribe (RSS)

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 5,870 other followers