Boldin quiet on contract; Leinart not looking for trade

(Getty Images)

(Getty Images)

Despite the fact that WR Anquan Boldin has backed off his claim of never re-signing with the Arizona Cardinals, talks do not appear to have begun between the team and Boldin’s agent, reports the Arizona Republic.

Speaking at a fundraiser held by QB Kurt Warner on Saturday, Boldin had a more philosophical tone than the one he took last offseason, when he publicly demanded a new contract.

“When it gets done, it will get done” said Boldin. “I can’t worry about when, or if, it’s going to happen. The only thing I can do right now is take care of myself, continue to work out, stay in shape, enjoy the offseason. Because the season comes around quick.”

Warner openly lobbied for the Cardinals to resolve their contract differences with Boldin before signing his own two-year contract last week, but for now the team appears to have other priorities.

Warner’s signing has created speculation that backup QB Matt Leinart could be traded, but the Arizona Republic, speaking with Leinart at Warner’s fundraiser, reports that Leinart is not looking to go anywhere at the moment.

“I’m under contract here, and I’m not looking for a trade,” Leinart said Saturday. “I’m here to compete. I know Kurt’s a great quarterback and he’s the starter going in, obviously, but I’m going to compete. That’s the mind-set you have to have.”

Guidelines: Fan feedback should be within the guidelines for the NFL community. These guidelines will be used to identify those comments that will be removed from display on the site. Please keep your comments relevant to the topic, not abusive or combatant towards other fans, and don’t share any personal details. Use the “Report” link to help keep the community at its best.

Comments may be no longer than 2000 characters and will post to the site shortly after submitting.

Powered by WordPress.com VIP | Subscribe (RSS)

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 6,502 other followers