All good things must come to an end. Sadly, my friends, Radio Row is winding down to a whimper.
Here’s what we know, heard and learned from our last day on The Row:
- We know that Bill Parcells of the Dolphins is chatting live with NFL.com at 5 p.m. ET. Don’t miss it.
- We learned Kevin James is here promoting “Paul Blart: Mall Cop,” and two people in his group are wearing New York Jets-colored jerseys with “Mall Cop” on the front and B-L-A-R-T on the back. Not that there’s a ton of fashion sense going on around The Row, but I’m thinking they either won a contest or lost a bet.
- We learned that former Ravens player Jonathan Ogden thinks Ray Lewis is going to have a hard time turning down the money he’s likely to get offered to leave Baltimore.
- We learned Falcons GM Thomas Dimitroff saw a little bit of Tom Brady in rookie Matt Ryan, and he targeted Ryan as the Falcons’ pick early on in the draft process.
- Thorough investigation uncovered that it was Sports Illustrated swimsuit models Jessica Gomes and Jarah Mariano hitting The Row for interviews. In similar fashion, Tampa Bay Buccaneers cheerleaders Sahara and Jeni visited our set to talk with Scott Hanson earlier. They left a few posters, which I’m guessing will be gone in about seven seconds once I leave this table.
- We heard Snoop Dogg is in Tampa. Now it’s a Super Bowl.
- We know the 2009 EA Sports Madden Bowl was a pretty popular destination Thursday night. Antonio Bryant of the Bucs had home-field X-Box advantage and won the title. Others in attendance included Donovan McNabb, Ray Lewis, Matt Light, Jake Long and Evander Holyfield, to name a few.