Some highlights from the Steelers’ session at media day:
- LB Keyaron Fox teaching a female Telemundo reporter dressed in a tight light-blue jersey, knee pads and high heels how to be a linebacker. “I was expecting a lot more serious questions,” Fox said. “But it’s all good. I’m just having fun with it.”
- SS Troy Polamalu on his long hair: “Your hair is your uniform. I’m not born with this (pointing to his jersey), I’m born with this (pointing to his head).” Why does he keep his hair so long? “I do it for all the bald men above 40.”
- LB James Harrison says he doesn’t watch sports. He prefers cartoons. His favorite? Family Guy. Maybe he was being coy, but when asked how he planned to rush Cardinals QB Kurt Warner, Harrison responded, “I don’t know if I’ll be rushing the passer too much at all this week.”
- Harrison is taking over the role played by Joey Porter in Pittsburgh’s last Super Bowl, but he wouldn’t take the bait for any Porter-like guarantees. “I’m not trying to be Joey Porter,” he said. “I’m just trying to be me.”
- QB Ben Roethlisberger on managing the long delay typical of a Super Bowl halftime show: “I just go sit in the locker room and relax. We just kind of want to get back out on the field. The time we have normally is about right to get ready and go out and get back playing. During these halftimes, you have to restretch and get ready (again). It can be a pain, but it’s part of the deal.”
Comments may be no longer than 2000 characters and will post to the site shortly after submitting.