SAN DIEGO — Philip Rivers is his same old cocky self. I ran into him in the tunnel before the game and asked if he was ready and he said, “We got this.”
Here are some pregame notes:
- Cornerback Antonio Cromartie looks like he’s 100 percent. His hips look real loose as he worked on his back pedal.
- Talked to Broncos owner Pat Bowlen before the game. “How are you doing,” I asked. His reply, “Ask me in three hours.”
- Great that these teams hate each other. Great that Rivers and Jay Cutler hate each other. This has evolved into an old-school rivalry filled with vinegar.
- Lots of Broncos fans here. And the Chargers fans are as loud as I have ever heard them.
– Derrin Horton is reporting from San Diego