EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. — Some sights and sounds from pregame, where it is 65 degrees out and spitting some rain. But 65? It’s really surreal.
- While Brett Favre was warming up, Marty Schottenheimer came on to the field and grabbed both sides of Favre’s helmet and said something clearly poignant, before giving him a big hug.
- A fan was heckling Eric Mangini as he walked down the field during the pregame, yelling “Mangini… show some passion.” Kris Jenkins wasn’t having it. He yelled at the fan, telling him to shut it and then — to put an exclamation point on it — Jenkins left his place in line during warm ups and went over to the fan to have a discussion about it. Let me tell you, you don’t want Jenkins walking over to you with that look on his face. Needless to say, we didn’t hear anything else from the fan.
- If you want some sign as to whether this is Favre’s last game, his entire family is here, brothers, mom, nieces and nephews. Favre spent quite a bit of time taking pictures with them before going to the locker room, and they weren’t really smiling in the pictures. There wasn’t a sense of excitement, but of melancholy, but then again, we’ve seen that scene before.
- And finally, if you were in the stadium, and wanted to know the Patriots/Bills score, too bad. They put all the other scores from the early games on the scoreboard, but that one was left off, clearly on purpose. They have the late games up there ready to go but the Baltimore game isn’t on there either.
– Kara Henderson is reporting live from the Meadowlands