Cowboys RB Marion Barber is listed as questionable for this Sunday’s game against the Eagles. Like recent weeks, Barber is expected to warm up and see how his toe feels before the start of the game. Fantasy owners are advised to start Tashard Choice, who had a good game against the Ravens last week. QB Tony Romo is fine after fighting the flu this week and will start against the Eagles. He’s not a great fantasy option, however. TE Jason Witten will be ready to go. If the Cowboys win the game, they will advance to the playoffs.
- Bills RB Marshawn Lynch is banged up and listed as questionable on the team’s injury report. Lynch will be a game-time decision, and if he does play, he faces a tough matchup against the Patriots’ defense and likely will split carries with Fred Jackson. The Patriots could be without DE Richard Seymour, who missed practice this week and is listed as questionable. The Patriots need to beat the Bills and get some help to make the playoffs.
- Falcons WR Michael Jenkins was limited in practice on Thursday and Friday and is listed as questionable on the team’s injury report. The Falcons clinched a playoff spot last week, but they still have a chance to win the NFC South.
- Saints RB Pierre Thomas is questionable and didn’t practice all week with wrist and back injuries. He became a fantasy staple in recent weeks, but if he’s unable to go, Mike Bell and Deuce McAllister will get the touches. Yep, that Mike Bell. Disappointing TE Jeremy Shockey also is out. The Panthers, who could be without starting defensive tackles Damione Lewis and Maake Kemoeatu, can win the NFC South by beating the Saints. Otherwise, Carolina could end up in Arizona next week for a first-round playoff game. But considering the way the Cardinals finished the season, that might not be a bad thing.
- Vikings WR Bernard Berrian is a game-time decision because of an ankle injury. The Vikings can reach the playoffs with a win over the Giants, who will be without cornerback Aaron Ross. Vikings cornerback Cedric Griffin missed practice with an illness.
- Dolphins LB Channing Crowder practiced Friday and is expected to start against the Jets. The Dolphins will win the AFC East if they beat the Jets.
- Raiders CB Nnamdi Asomugha (questionable, neck) was held out of practice Friday. That’s good news for Tampa Bay and WR Antonio Bryant. The Buccaneers need to beat the Raiders and have the Cowboys lose to reach the playoffs.
- Bears FS Mike Brown is out for the season and will not return if the team makes the playoffs.
- Eagles RB Brian Westbrook completely practiced on Thursday and Friday.
- Colts S Bob Sanders is listed as questionable, but coach Tony Dungy has said that his star will not play this week against the Titans. With Titans RB LenDale White listed as questionable with an undisclosed illness, expect Chris Johnson to put up big numbers.