Is there anything funnier than a snow angel being flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct? By the way, that’s the craziest thing I’ve ever seen from the very businesslike Wes Welker. Snow brings out the kid in everyone. Here are some other observations as I’m trying to figure out a way to make snow angels in the press box.
- What do you think is going through Matt Leinart‘s mind as he sits on the bench as the Cardinals backup and watches his former college backup, Matt Cassel, pick apart his team? Cassel is 13-of-23 for 192 yards, two touchdowns and a passer rating of 113. We may yet see Leinart in the second half.
- I mentioned earlier that the Cardinals have a problem with falling behind early. The last time they were on the East Coast — their Thanksgiving game with the Eagles — they also fell behind 21-0 and ended up losing 48-20.
- With just under 12 minutes left to play in the first half, how’s this for a quarterback comparison: Kurt Warner is 1-for-4 for -5 yards for a rating of 39.6. Matt Cassel is 4-for-7 for 99 yards, a touchdown and a passer rating of 141.4.
- There’s a high-tech operation going on to make the yard-lines visible. During a timeout or in between series, about 10 guys with shovels run sideline to sideline; some are definitely faster than others. Most of the clearing they were doing in the the first quarter was deep in Patriots territory because the Cardinals never managed to get past midfield.
- The Patriots’ average field position in the first quarter was their own 40-yard line. Now in the second quarter, the shovel guys have switched ends.
– Kara Henderson reporting from New England.