Giants running back Brandon Jacobs practiced for the third consecutive day on Friday, but was listed as questionable for the Giants’ showdown with the Panthers. Giants coach Tom Coughlin was optimistic that Jacobs would be available on Sunday.
The Giants haven’t looked the same since Jacobs went down with a knee injury in Week 14. Quarterback Eli Manning has struggled in the absence of Jacobs and suspended receiver Plaxico Burress. Manning was sacked eight times last week at Dallas and now faces a Panthers defense which ranks ninth in the NFL in sacks.
- Cardinals receiver Anquan Boldin missed practice on Friday and is listed as questionable for Sunday’s game. Boldin, along with running back J.J. Arrington, will be game-time decisions. But coach Ken Whisenhunt said that he would sit the players if they weren’t ready because having them available for the playoffs is more important. With Boldin potentially out, there could be fantasy implications.
- Buccaneers coach Jon Gruden expects quarterback Jeff Garcia to play against the Chargers. Garcia has been hobbled with a calf injury and the Buccaneers have dropped consecutive games. Tampa Bay is currently holding the sixth — and final — playoff spot in the NFC.
- Marshawn Lynch and Trent Edwards were both limited in practice on Friday and are listed as questionable on the team’s injury report. Roscoe Parish was added to the injury report on Friday after bruising his knee in practice. However, all three are expected to play.
- Frank Gore remains a game-time decision with an ankle injury, but coach Mike Singletary is hopeful that all of the rest will do him good. He is officially listed as questionable.
- Redskins running back Clinton Portis missed practice Friday with a muscle spasm in his back and is listed as questionable for Sunday’s game against the Eagles.
- Bears running back Matt Forte was limited in practice on Friday because of a toe injury. He is listed as questionable, but does have an extra day because the Bears play host to the Packers on Monday night.