Giants WR Plaxico Burress suffered a hamstring injury this week in practice, but was able to start against the Cardinals. However, he aggravated that injury on his team’s first series against the Cardinals and did not return.
Here is a look at some of the other notable injuries in Week 12.
- Browns coach Romeo Crennel pulled QB Brady Quinn during the third quarter. Quinn has a fractured finger on his throwing hand. “That impacts what he can and can not do with the ball,” said Crennel. “The kid is a gamer.”
- Bears coach Lovie Smith confirmed injuries to CB Nathan Vasher (thumb), TE Desmond Clark (knee) and S Mike Brown (lower leg), but did not know the severity of any of the injuries.
- Rams coach Jim Haslett confirmed that QB Marc Bulger suffered a concussion during the first quarter against the Bears. “I don’t know how serious Marc is, I will find out after we run tests tomorrow.”
- The Lions had several players exit with injuries: RB Kevin Smith (shoulder), LB Ernie Sims (knee), QB Drew Stanton (concussion) and DE Jared DeVries (broken hand). Coach Rod Marinelli couldn’t confirm how serious they were.
- RB Correll Buckhalter (sprained knee ligament), CB Asante Samuel (neck) and DE Darren Howard (neck) were injured for the Eagles. Samuel was injured during the third quarter and did not return.
- Dolphins WR Greg Camarillo left in the second half with a knee injury and did not return. Rookie OT Jake Long came out with an ankle injury but was able to return.
- Texans RB Ahman Green injured his left knee during the third quarter.