The Titans became the 14th team since the AFL-NFL merger in 1970 to open a season 9-0 or better. Of the previous 13 teams, nine went on to reach the Super Bowl and six of those teams won it. But let’s not get ahead of ourselves just yet. There is still a ways to go in the NFL season.
And David Climer of the Tennessean notes that the Titans win over the Bears wasn’t perfect.
- And you can add the Bears to the growing list of those who can’t quite explain how the Titans have passed the halfway point of the NFL regular season with an undefeated record still intact.
- “They get turnovers. They play great defense. They stop the other team from running the ball,” Bears defensive back Nathan Vasher said. “Whenever you do those things, you can be effective.
- “But do you expect them to be 9-0? No. They don’t look like a dominant team. But they keep winning games. You’ve got to respect them for that.” MORE
And here is some other reaction from the Titans vs. Bears game on Sunday.
- Jim Wyatt of the Tennessean believes that the Titans are sitting on Cloud 9. “Collins’ nose might have looked like it belonged to Dick Butkus, but his arm was a thing of beauty as the Titans beat the Bears 21-14 on Sunday at Soldier Field.” MORE
- The Bears might have lost the game, but Matt Forte won the battle of the rookie running backs against the Titans Chris Johnson. MORE
- This didn’t take long, the Chicago media is ready to pull Bears quarterback Rex Grossman. Chicago Sun-Times columnist Greg Couch says it’s time to put in Caleb Hanie. And he appears to be serious. MORE