A quick look at some of the interesting numbers and top performances from Week 10:
- It was an up and down day for Saints QB Drew Brees, who passed for a season-high 422 yards (highlights), his second 400-yard game this season, but also threw a season-worst three INTs. It was the fourth career 400-yard game for Brees, who has passed for 300-plus yards in seven of nine games this season. He now needs to average 300.0 yards per game the rest of the season to to break Dan Marino’s single-season record of 5,084 passing yards in 1984.
- Vikings RB Adrian Peterson had his fourth straight 100-yard game (highlights), the sixth time he’s hit the century mark this season. AP had a season-best 192 yards, the third-highest total of his career.
- Dolphins RB Ricky Williams posted his 32nd career 100-yard game (highlights), and his first since late in the 2005 season, with 105 yards on 12 carries against the Seahawks, including a 51-yard TD run (highlight) out of the ‘Wildcat’ formation.
- Patriots rookie RB BenJarvus Green-Ellis finished with 105 yards and a touchdown (highlights) on 26 carries, his first career 100-yard game and his fourth straight game with a rushing TD.
- The Lions have lost 10 straight games dating back to last season and are 0-9 for the first time since 2001, when they started 0-12. NFL GameDay breaks down the game and QB Daunte Culpepper’s first start (highlights) for the Lions.
- Sunday’s 44-point win by the Jets over the Rams was the largest margin of victory in franchise history. The Jets were up 40-0 at the half, the third largest halftime lead in the NFL since 1954. NFL GameDay has the highlights.
- Chargers RB LaDainian Tomlinson finished with 78 yards rushing on 22 carries in a win over the Chiefs, passing O.J. Simpson and Corey Dillon for 15th place on the all-time rushing list at 11,279 yards.
- Antonio Gates has nine touchdowns in nine career games vs. the Chiefs, his most against any opponent. Kansas City has lost 17 of its last 18 games, while San Diego is 14-1 in its last 15 home games against the AFC.
- The Colts needed Peyton Manning’s 50th career game with three touchdown passes to get their first win at Pittsburgh since 1968, snapping a 12-game road losing streak against the Steelers.
Comments may be no longer than 2000 characters and will post to the site shortly after submitting.