A nightcap to a great afternoon of action:
- Better get familiar with the name of BenJarvus Green-Ellis, the Patriots undrafted free agent running back. Green-Ellis posted his first career 100-yard rushing game against the Bills. More impressive, he is the first Patriots player since Corey Dillon in 2005 with a rushing touchdown in four straight games. The last undrafted free agent running back to do that was former Colt James Mungro in 2002.
- The Jets have their own running success story. Thomas Jones now has eight touchdowns in his past five games, seven of which have come on the ground. No wonder the Jets have won three straight, and five of their past six.
- So a matchup that once would have been billed as Tom Brady versus Brett Favre now has turned into BenJarvus Green-Ellis versus Thomas Jones.
- Guess the Dolphins aren’t done with the “Wildcat” just yet. They ran six direct-snap “Wildcat” plays for 80 yards and two touchdowns.
- Go ahead and give the Offensive Rookie of the Year award to quarterback Matt Ryan. For the third straight game, Ryan had two touchdown passes. But the reason he is throwing so many touchdowns is that, for the fourth time this season, Ryan wasn’t sacked.
- Punch Roddy White‘s ticket to the Pro Bowl: five touchdowns in the past five games.
- At sometime this season, the Ravens went from a defensive to offensive juggernaut. In their past two games – both wins — the Ravens have scored 78 points. They’ve also won three straight road games, which is something a rookie quarterback should not be doing. But then, Baltimore’s Joe Flacco is playing beyond his years.
- This is the story of two teams headed in different directions for the time being — Minnesota now has won four of its past five games, while Green Bay has lost five of its past seven.
Comments may be no longer than 2000 characters and will post to the site shortly after submitting.