The Rams practiced without RBs Steven Jackson (thigh), Antonio Pittman (hamstring) and Travis Minor (concussion) for the second straight day on Thursday. Coach Jim Haslett said Jackson would have to practice on Friday in order to play Sunday against the Jets.
Jackson said Thursday he remains optimistic, although an MRI exam on Monday revealed some inflammation from his original injury.
“It is getting better but with a hamstring, a quad or groin, those kinds of injuries, one day you feel great and the next day the slightest tweak could really set you back,” Jackson said. “That is what I am dealing with right now. One day I feel great, I feel like I can go and when it is time for me to show and prove that I am ready, it is just not responding the way we want it to.”
- Vikings DE Jared Allen sat out practice for the second straight day due to the sprained right shoulder he suffered last week against the Texans.
- The Bears held out QB Kyle Orton (ankle) for the second straight day. S Mike Brown was upgraded Thursday, taking part in a limited portion of practice after sitting out Wednesday.
- Several members of the Steelers returned to full practice, including S Troy Polamalu (hand) and DT Casey Hampton (toe). This list of who sat out was more notable, as QB Ben Roethlisberger (right shoulder), RB Willie Parker (shoulder) and TE Heath Miller (ankle) all sat out for a second consecutive day. Roethlisberger is expected to rest his injured shoulder during the week as the Steelers wait to make a decision on whether he can play against the Colts.
- Lions QB Dan Orlovsky missed his second consecutive practice as he sits out with an injured right hand, making it increasingly likely QB Daunte Culpepper starts against the Jaguars.
- The Bills will be without DE Aaron Schobel (foot) and SS Donte Whitner (shoulder), who both missed practice Thursday, against the Patriots. Coach Dick Jauron also revealed Thursday that nickleback Ashton Youboty has been limited by plantar fasciitis in his foot. Youboty isn’t expected to play. WR Josh Reed sat out practice for the second straight day.