The St. Louis Rams are facing several injuries in the backfield, where Steven Jackson, Antonio Pittman and Travis Minor are all battling ailments of various degrees.
Jackson attempted to return from a thigh injury against the Cardinals, but was less than 100 percent and was in and out of the game throughout the day. He finished with 17 yards on seven rushes.
“He worked out and said that he felt fine,” said coach Jim Haslett. “He ran around and said he was ready to go. Obviously, by his nature he wasn’t ready.”
Haslett said Pittman, who got the start Sunday, re-aggravated a leg injury “along with a hamstring.” Minor suffered a concussion early in the game and did not return, forcing Jackson back into the game late when the Rams were out of options.
- The Chiefs lost RB Kolby Smith to a sprained knee during the second quarter and coach Herm Edwards said Smith will likely miss the rest of the season. LB Derrick Johnson (hamstring) and CB Brandon Flowers (hamstring) also left the game with injuries for the Chiefs.
- The Bears lost QB Kyle Orton (ankle) and S Mike Brown (calf) to injuries during the first half against the Lions, and neither player returned to the game.
- Browns OG Eric Steinbach left with a rib injury in the third quarter and did not return during a loss to the Ravens.
- Bills OG Eric Whittle, filling in for starter Brad Butler, left with an injury in the fourth quarter and did not return. After a loss to the Jets, coach Dick Jauron declined to discuss the injury, according to The AP.
- Packers LT Chad Clifton did not play in the second half vs. the Titans because of a reaction to medication for an illness.
- Bucs TE Alex Smith injured his left knee late during the fourth quarter vs. the Chiefs and did not return.
- Texans QB Matt Schaub suffered a left knee injury and did return for the second half against the Vikings.
- Titans DE Kyle Vanden Bosch, who returned from a one-game absence to start Sunday against the Packers, re-aggravated his groin injury and sat out the second half.