In an effort to help you set the best fantasy lineup possible, here are a few interesting trends you might want to consider heading into Week 9.
- Kyle Orton has thrown for a combined 903 yards and five touchdowns in his last three starts, including a 334-yard, two-touchdown performance against the Lions. Orton also has 10 touchdown passes in his last five games.
- Adrian Peterson has rushed for 674 yards and six touchdowns in five career games against the AFC (134.8 rush YPG). He also has six 100-yard rushing performances in 10 career home games (1,150 yards in 10 career home games; 5.9 YPC).
- Brett Favre has thrown for nine touchdowns and five interceptions in five career games against the Bills. He has thrown two interceptions in each of his last two games against them. Favre also has two or more interceptions in four of the last five games.
- In five career games against the Rams, Edgerrin James has rushed for 542 yards (108.4 per game) and five touchdowns.
- Plaxico Burress sat out the first quarter of last week’s game against the Steelers for missing a therapy treatment session. It was the first time Burress did not start a game since Sept. 25, 2005, when he also sat out the first quarter for violating team rules. That following week in 2005, Burress had a career-high 10 receptions for 204 yards and two touchdowns against the Rams. Burress also has five touchdowns in last five games against the Cowboys (including postseason).
- Larry Fitzgerald has 100-plus receiving yards in four of the last six games. He also has 20 receptions for 307 yards and three touchdowns in his last two games against the Rams.
- Willis McGahee has rushed for 100-plus yards in three of his last four games against the Browns. He needs 77 rushing yards to reach 5,000 for his career.
- Marvin Harrison has a touchdown catch in each of his last five regular-season games against the Patriots (7 TD in those five games); He also has 13 touchdowns in his last 10 regular-season games against them.