Published: October 12th, 2008 | Tags: Week 6 injuries
A quick look around the league at the Week 6 injuries:
- The Colts lost RBs Joseph Addai and Mike Hart to injuries during their 31-3 rout of the Ravens. Coach Tony Dungy downplayed Addai’s injury during his postgame press conference, but indicated Hart’s injury could be more serious.
- The injury-riddled Chicago secondary took another hit on Sunday when CB Charles Tillman suffered an apparent left shoulder injury during the first half against Atlanta. The Bears, playing without injured starting CB Nathan Vahser, also lost backup FS Danieal Manning (hamstring) during the game.
- Redskins RB Ladell Betts sprained his left knee during the fourth quarter on the team’s final offensive drive of the game against the Rams. Coach Jim Zorn didn’t provide an update of his status. The Redskins also had injuries to SS Chris Horton (sprained ankle), CB Fred Smoot (groin) and WR James Thrash (sprained knee).
- Rams CB Ricky Manning broke a bone in his right ankle and is going to have surgery, according to coach Jim Haslett. Manning was injured late in the second quarter while rushing the quarterback. RB Brian Leonard (shoulder) and OT Orlando Pace (quad) were also injured.
- Vikings starting LB David Herron left during the fourth quarter with an undisclosed injury against the Lions and did not return. Herron was starting for E.J. Henderson, who is out for the season.
- The Broncos lost WR Brandon Stokley to a head injury after his 11-yard touchdown reception capped the team’s opening drive against the Jaguars.
- The Ravens lost RB Willis McGahee and RG Marshal Yanda to injuries against the Colts, but coach John Harbaugh had no updates on their injuries following the game.
- Bengals CB Jamar Fletcher and S Herana-Daze Jones injured hamstrings in the first half against the Jets and didn’t return.
Comments may be no longer than 2000 characters and will post to the site shortly after submitting.