As the Thursday injury reports filter in from around the league, here are a few notes on the notable updates:
- Texans RB Ahman Green, who missed last week’s game due to a foot injury, was listed as limited in practice on Thursday. Coach Gary Kubiak described Green as day to day.
- “He practiced more today than he did yesterday, so that was positive,” said Kubiak. “We beat on him a little bit today. So, we’ll see how he comes out tomorrow.”
- Rookie RB Steve Slaton made his first NFL start in place of Green last week, rushing for 116 yards and a touchdown on 18 carries. Starters WR Kevin Walter (toe), CB Fred Bennett (shoulder) and LB Zac Diles (shoulder) were also limited.
- Rookie RB Jonathan Stewart (foot) popped up on the Panthers injury report as “limited” in practice on Thursday after not being listed on Wednesday. Stewart had injury on his right foot last March for a turf toe condition.
- Vikings S Madieu Williams, sidelined with a neck injury since early in training camp, returned to practice on Thursday. Williams was a key free-agent signing during the offseason, inking a six-year deal with $13 million in guaranteed money. Rookie second-round pick Tyrelle Johnson has started all three games at free safety.
- The Steelers practiced without starting SS Troy Polamalu (quad) for the second straight day on Thursday. The Steelers are already without starters Willie Parker (knee), Casey Hampton (groin) and Brett Keisel (calf), who coach Mike Tomlin announced will not play vs. the Ravens.
Comments may be no longer than 2000 characters and will post to the site shortly after submitting.