Marshall not expected to receive additional discipline

The NFL was aware of the misdemeanor battery charges that could have been — and eventually were — filed against Broncos wide receiver Brandon Marshall on Sept. 10 in Fulton County, Ga.

Depending on the disposition of the case, additional league discipline could still be handed out to Marshall.

Marshall’s attorney Harvey Steinberg said the NFL is not expected to take additional action against the Broncos wide receiver, who already was suspended from Denver’s season-opening game against the Oakland Raiders. Originally the league decided to suspend Marshall for three games, then lowered it to one after Steinberg’s successful appeal.

Steinberg said the NFL had the police reports of his client’s arrest when it decided to suspend Marshall for three games.

In his first game back with he Broncos this season, Marshall caught a single-game franchise record 18 passes. Dating back to last year, Marshall’s 55 receptions in his past five games are the most in NFL history for any five-game period.

Guidelines: Fan feedback should be within the guidelines for the NFL community. These guidelines will be used to identify those comments that will be removed from display on the site. Please keep your comments relevant to the topic, not abusive or combatant towards other fans, and don’t share any personal details. Use the “Report” link to help keep the community at its best.

Comments may be no longer than 2000 characters and will post to the site shortly after submitting.

Powered by WordPress.com VIP | Subscribe (RSS)

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 5,853 other followers