– Rams DE Leonard Little did not participate in practice for the second straight day on Thursday. Little, who left the season opener with a hamstring injury on the fourth play of the game, looks to be a game-time decision on Sunday.
“I might not even play at all,” Little said. “It’s going to be a matter of how I feel on Saturday. Right now, I’m trying to get back. I’m rehabbing it and trying to get back as quick as I can.”
– WR Jerry Porter is expected to make his Jacksonville debut on Sunday. Porter, who missed the season opener with a hamstring injury he had surgically repaired in July, was listed as fully participating in practice for the second straight day on Thursday. It’s good news for the Jaguars, as WR Dennis Northcutt (back) and WR Troy Williamson (thigh) both sat out practice.
– Titans DT Albert Haynesworth (concussion) and DE Jacob Ford (chest) sat out practice for the second straight day on Thursday.
– Giants DE Mathias Kiwanuka returned to practice on a limited basis on Thursday and said he would play Sunday against the Rams. Kiwanuka suffered an ankle injury on the final play of the game in the opener against the Redskins.
“It’s going well,” Kiwanuka said. “It will probably take all the time up until game time before I’m a hundred percent, but I’ll be there and I’ll be good. I’ll be good stepping out there on Sunday regardless of how much (practice) time I have. I’ll practice tomorrow. I have plenty of time to get ready.”
– Texans RB Ahman Green sat out practice for the second straight day on Thursday as he continues to recover from an ankle injury. With Green’s status in question for Sunday, Houstontexans.com reports rookie RB Steve Slaton is expected to start.
– Colts C Jeff Saturday participated fully in practice for the second straight day. The Colts also announced the signing of DT LaJuan Ramsey to replace DT Ed Johnson, who was released following a drug arrest early on Wednesday. The team also claimed RB Justin Forsett off waivers from the Seahawks and waived WR Courtney Roby.